Thursday, January 13, 2011

Guest #12, your order is ready.

Rating: 8.75/10

I wonder if I really have to put the "/10" part of the rating these days. Anyways, it's been a while, woo hoo a new number. I feel like I've had duplicates like 5 times in a row. It's been a bad run that's for sure.

On to the meal. Same old same old really. Had to remove a tomato. But the burger, other than a bit of the hard edges on the bun, was pretty good. The fries also seemed slightly more cooked than usual, giving them a bit of a crunch. It wasn't bad, just a bit different, which can be good. Though it did lead to them tasting a bit...stale, or something, towards the end.

It was a windy day, hence me having to hold the receipt. Actually, I took 3 pictures. One was fine outside of not having the time in it. The other the receipt was all bent over. So I just said the heck with it, I'll hold the darned thing.

This was also the largest crowd I've gone with. 8 people including myself, all 7 others were coworkers. Other point of interest would be this is now my only oddly sized receipt that isn't a duplicate, due to the gift card.

One of my coworkers got some Animal Style fries which sparked a discussion about them and why I don't like them. He said I should explain why I don't like animal style fries and how I think they could be improved. So let's do it. As we all know, I love In-N-Out Burger fries. One day I decided to try the animal style, no onions. I'm not a big onion fan, and I don't get onions on my burger. But I do love the "secret sauce" and some cheeses, mostly cheddar. So then what happened? Two big issues. First being that the sauce was cold. I assume this is how it always is, but I didn't ask my coworker to vouch for me. Now on my burger it's fine like that, but for whatever reason it did not play well on my fries, at least not according to my taste buds. It also seemed to help the American cheese solidify quicker. Now, I don't like American cheese. I pretty much only ever eat it on In-N-Out Burgers. Everything about the burger helps to mask how horrible American cheese is. And I'm sure cheddar would make the burger taste completely different, and well, wrong. But for the fries I feel that a room temp or warm sauce over some cheddar cheese would be the best. If they ever come out with that, call it "Monster Style" or something else cheesy (crap, no pun intended), then I'll be all over it.

Until next time, which is hopefully much sooner that it was since the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment