Monday, January 12, 2015

Guest #95, your order is ready.


Rating: 9.15/10

Burger - Probably one of the best burgers I've ever had in my life. I ordered a mustard fried cheeseburger with no onions or pickles. There were very few things wrong with this burger. Texture wise the bun was a bit too toasted for my liking but I'm not docking too much from that score as I only noticed in a few bites. Also, this did not detract from the taste at all and I think flavor wise the burger was perfect. Presentation was pretty good other than the burger being lopsided (sometimes I feel this is intentional) and the lettuce being centered almost on the middle third of the burger.

Taste - 2 (out of 2)
Texture - 1.8 (out of 2)
Presentation - .9 (out of 1)

Fries - Normally I don't like the more well done fries. They came out slightly more done than I am used to but it worked this time. Mostly because despite being cooked more they weren't too hard, just less flimsy. And that's a good thing as often the only mark on In-N-Out fries are when they seem under done. Still, there were some extra crispy and dry fries, hence the drop in score.

Taste - 1.7 (out of 2)
Texture - 1.75 (out of 2)

Diet Coke - Nothing to be said here. As mentioned before I almost want to change the scoring system to account for the fact that the soda is perfectly fine 90% of the time. But probably too late for that.

1 (out of 1)

It was the first time my daughter has been to In-N-Out Burger in a long time and she actually ate some of her food! Admittedly it was probably only like one third of a cheeseburger and some french fries. And she loved the birds that were flying around and tried to boss them around by telling them to get down from places. She's awesome.

And a special shout out to Anthony Bourdain (@Bourdain) as I happened to go to In-N-Out on the same day I watched his recent related video.

No comments:

Post a Comment