Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oh duplicates...how you annoy me.

Usually I don't feel compelled to write about the duplicates, only mention them in brief. However, the two most recent visits for me have been duplicates. Looks like my long run has simply dried up and now it will seem amazing next I get another original. So why do I feel the need to write about these duplicates? Well, I'll let you know...

#75 duplicate. If this were an original at the usual location, it might have been rated near the bottom of my list. The points of interest that stand out from this visit? Well, it was my first visit to the location I went to (San Marcos). I had high hopes for this location, but alas they disappointed me. Outside of that it was the first time I used a gift card. See, I got a gift card from a friend last Christmas and forgot I had some remaining money on it, so $1.51 was paid for by gift card. On that note, Xmas this year brought a new gift card, so it won't be the last time that payment method is used.

#62 duplicate on the other hand was the opposite end of the spectrum. At the usual Carlsbad location, but this was one of the best meals I've had at In-N-Out Burger in a few weeks. Probably due in part because the bun was not toasted on the grill, so that helps. The fries were also near perfectly cooked. Anyways, it could have been a 9.0 or better had the # been original. Another interesting thing? I got my order to go and sat outside because it was really busy inside. Oh yeah, it was raining all morning, still really cloudy, and the tables were soaking wet. But I wasn't about to take In-N-Out into my new car yet so outside it was. Lastly, while in line two people who did not know each other decided to have a conversation about Montana. Not that I would normally care, but I was in between them! I almost told the guy behind me to just cut so he could talk to her without having to talk through me. I also forgot to use my new gift card! Oh well.

Better luck next time I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment