Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another dupe...

Went to get an In-N-Out Burger for the first time in like 2.5 weeks yesterday. I'm pretty sure that is the longest I have gone without going since I started this whole thing. So why the long wait? I wasn't pressuring myself to go like I have been, usually wanting to get posts for this blog so I can have something to update on. I felt like when I was forcing myself to go at least once a week that it was taking away from my actual enjoyment of the meal. This time, I just waited until I wanted to go. At one point last week I planned on going but a co-worker suggested we go to this build your own burger place called The Counter. Overall I liked it, except one major issue. If you read the intro to the site you would know I like thin fast food style patties, not a lot of meat basically. This place had nothing smaller than 1/3 lb for their patty, so there was a decent amount of meat. But it gave me a chance to mix it up with some cheddar and some bacon. Also got the standard lettuce, tomato and mayo. I'll go to The Counter again, but probably get chicken instead. A chicken with bacon, cheddar and chipotle mayo sandwich would be something nice to have every now and then. Or maybe I go and get a burger with an egg and bacon and chili? Or something else outlandish.

Anyways, back to In-N-Out. This was a duplicate, #53, but it was very enjoyable. Having not been in so long I was actually excited to go. I won't get into a full review but will say that I think a consistent issue for me at In-N-Out is them grilling the bun or whatever they do. I like my bun to be soft, and the hard edges just ruins it for me sometimes. I am going to start asking for my bun not to be grilled/whatever from now on.

'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment