Thursday, April 26, 2012

Guest #15, your order is ready.



Overall Rating: 9.45/10

As I'm writing this review I've already given everything the proper score. I have yet to tally that score though, but I have a feeling it will be my highest rated meal yet.

Burger - This is pretty much how I wish In-N-Out was every single time. The decision to get extra lettuce that one fateful trip a few months ago was the best In-N-Out related decision I've ever made. It's yet to fail me and makes my burgers so much better, mostly because I never run out of lettuce. Thinking back on this burger I'd say it probably could have used a bit more sauce. Other than that the only issue was the one or two bites of bun leftover at the end that I wish I had meat and cheese to go with. Probably the closest to perfect a burger has been in the two years I've been doing this. Soft, yet toasted, bun. Crunchy lettuce. The tomato was ripe throughout. Very good, makes me want to go and get another one right now.

Taste - 1.9 (out of 2)
Texture - 1.9 (out of 2)
Presentation - .85 (out of 1)

Fries - You know how texture can affect taste? That happened here and it's likely the reason these fries didn't get a perfect score. The fries looked slightly underdone, but eating them they were almost perfect. I think if they were cooked for five to ten seconds longer they would have been the perfect fries. Crispy on the outside (for the most part) and soft but not over dry on the inside. I did put some pepper on them myself, but I can't fault In-N-Out for no pepper anymore so that didn't come to play in the score.

Taste - 1.9 (out of 2)
Texture - 1.9 (out of 2)

It would have been funny if the food was delicious and the drink tasted horrible, but it stood up to what I consider quality Diet Coke.

Diet Coke - 1 (out of 1)

Had a co-worker who hadn't tagged along on any of my In-N-Out visits come with today. It was pretty busy inside despite the drive-thru lane being almost empty. Other than that not much to say, sorry. Actually, about Diet Coke, this is something only slightly related to In-N-Out. Some other local places have (either since they opened or just recently gotten) the crazy Coke machines with all sorts of flavors that come from the same spout. If I rated Diet Coke from those things it would get like a .6 or .7 every time. So I'm glad In-N-Out still has their good old regular dispensers.

No comments:

Post a Comment