Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Introduction...

Welcome to "In-N-Out: From 1 to 99". So what is this blog about? It's very simple. If you've ever been to an In-N-Out burger you will likely know that when ordering they give you a "Guest Number" on the receipt. This is the number they call out when your order is ready. Back on May 10th (2010) while my wife and I were at In-N-Out I made a passing remark about how I don't believe I have ever been #1 or #99.

Now to most people this is likely the case anyways. But I frequent In-N-Out on a weekly basis, with the last 2 months averaging a visit every 4.8 days. There have been times over the last 5 years or so that I could not do this (for instance, I was in MA for 9 months), but it's fairly consistent.

Going off of that it would seem likely that I would have had at least one of those two numbers. I've been to In-N-Out Burger hundreds of times. So I thought, out loud, "I wonder how long it would take me to get all of the numbers, 1 through 99". And thus my adventure started. Since that day until this post I have been to In-N-Out Burger 13 times. I have received 13 original numbers...oddly enough from 13 different cashiers. How long will it take me to get 1 through 99? Well at this rate it wouldn't take too long, but obviously at some point math will come into play and it will probably take years.

So, here is how it works. I go to In-N-Out, I get my meal (#2 no onions, which consists of a cheeseburger, fries and a drink, which I get Diet Coke), I take a picture after I've "prepared" it for eating, then I eat. This process has evolved from originally just taking a picture of the receipt and posting it to taking a picture of the meal as well, to describing the meal, to having an interesting note on any many visits as possible, and finally to rating the meal.

Yes, it's a process. Up until now this has only been available for my friends on Facebook. Not anymore though. Expect 13 new posts soon, which will also let you see how the posts evolved, and of course expect any new visits to be posted the same evening as the visit happened (of course, things do come up so this might not always happen).

No comments:

Post a Comment